Sampa Jiu Jitsu is now offering Muay Thai under the World Thai Boxing Association
Sampa is now offering Muay Thai under the World Thai Boxing Association. Prof. Renato just got the thumbs up from Ajarn Bryan Dobler from Double Dose Muay Thai and Ajarn Chai. With that being said, Sampa is now affiliated to World Thai Boxing Association.
From now on, we will follow their curriculum, technique styles, and culture which is very similar to Sampa Jiu Jitsu’s culture. Students of Sampa Jiu Jitsu will have a chance now to have a rank system for the first time.
WTBA had a tremendous contribution to the growth of Muay Thai throughout the world. As a first Association of its kind in history, WTBA has earned its rightful place in the history of Muay Thai. Here are some of the highlights of the WTBA History:
- 1968 – Ajarn Chai (Founder of WTBA) was the first person to actively teach Muay Thai in USA.
- 1973 – Ajarn Chai and Ajarn Rex performed a Muay Thai demo at Lax for Thai Airways launch.
- 1982 – Ajarn Chai took the first US Team to compete in Thailand.
- 1984 – Ajarn Chai was featured in the cover of Black Belt Magazine.
- 1985 – WTBA took its first expansion to Australia and New Zealand
- 1985-1991 – The Great Smokey Mountain Martial Arts Camp included Ajarn Chai to teach Muay Thai for 6 years in a row.
- 1986 – Ajarn Chai was feature in the cover of Inside Karate Magazine.
- 1988 – WTBA expands to Mexico.
- 1989 – WTBA expands to United Kingdom.
- 1996 – WTBA expands to Germany.
- 2001 – WTBA expands to Italy.
- 2005 – Ajarn Chai wrote the intro for the book “Muay Thai: A Living Legacy”.
- 2016 – Ajarn Chai presents the championship belt on Thai television.
For more interesting topics, please visit our website at www.sampamma.com